Automated, Electronic Caliper for Nursery Inventory Management
Inventory has never been simpler – ditch those old hand calipers! The InstaCaliper electronic caliper is an easy-to-use tool for in-field inventory management. When the measuring head slides past a tree trunk, the InstaCaliper instantly calculates diameter or circumference using state-of-the-art sensor technology.
After sliding the InstaCaliper around a tree, 2nd Sight’s Ruggedized Handheld Computer (RHC) displays measurement information via the TallyTrak app. The RHC records each measurement with a date, time, and GPS location. You can tag the measurement with other information such as variety, field, row, and grade.
2nd Sight’s InstaCaliper system allows you to customize data collection. Define measurement ranges and link them to a color for easy identification and fewer counting errors. Record tree diameters, circumferences, or heights with the TallyTrak app. Count different plants of the same size quickly and easily. Reject multiple calipers to correct mistakes out in the field.
Using Wi-Fi, the RHC syncs field data to a secure 2nd Sight server. View data on a web portal and download data in CSV (comma separated values) format to import into Microsoft Excel and other software packages. Set a date range and other filters and run reports to show your inventory numbers.
The InstaCaliper is the U-shaped measuring head that attaches to 2nd Sight's TallyTrak nursery inventory app via an Android-based device. Use the InstaCaliper to measure plant diameters or circumferences without stooping or bending.
The InstaCaliper measuring head comes in three sizes - 50mm, 100mm or 150mm - giving you flexibility in nursery inventory management. Tag your data with any information you deem important.
Using the measuring head and the simple TallyTrak app, you can measure and count your tree inventory. Then, using our web portal, you can see your inventory in one glance. Data reports make our system compatible with eGrow, Growpoint, and SBI inventory systems.
- Get accurate trunk diameters quickly and easily
- Measure and record in fewer than four seconds
- No more bending or kneeling to take tree measurements
- Ergonomic design for worker comfort
- Data recorded electronically to reduce errors
- Classify stock grade on the go
- Tag each measurement with a variety and row to easily categorize inventory
- The ‘U’-shaped head piece maneuvers easily in tightly packed rows
- Download data from any internet-enabled device from the online Portal
- Keep searchable, detailed, and organized digital records
- Use GPS data to generate field maps
- Electronic nursery tree caliper
The InstaCaliper arm and slide design maximize maneuverability for easy access into tightly packed rows. The 'U'-shaped base can slide under low branches for a quick reading; useful when measuring diameters of dwarf bush and tree varieties.
Measuring and counting often involves hours of walking though the fields, putting excessive pressure on an employee’s arms and back. InstaCaliper weighs only three pounds (1.5kg), has an adjustable shaft and arm cup to accommodate employee height, and is counter-balanced for maximum comfort.
The InstaCaliper EU model has been adapted to accommodate easy measuring of trunk circumference at chest-height.
Count & Caliper the Following Nursery Stock
- Fruit and Nut trees
- Ornamental trees
- Ornamental shrubs
- Field-planted trees, bushes, and shrubs
- Containerized plants, bushes, and shrubs
Ruggedized Handheld Computer (RHC)
- Rugged, touch-screen computer for outdoor use
- Water and drop-resistant design
- Robust, sunlight-readable LCD screen
- Up to an eight-hour battery life
- Swappable battery
- Integrated RFID and barcode scanner
- Capability to run other 2nd Sight apps
- Runs the InstaCaliper tree caliper app
InstaCaliper Automated Caliper Head
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 5mm (3/16") to 50mm (2")
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 157mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 1mm
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 8mm (5/16”) to 100mm (4”)
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 314mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 2mm (5/64”)
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 10mm (3/8”) to 150mm (6”)
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 471mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 3mm (1/8")
- Trunk circumference mode
- Caliper accurately to within +/- 2mm (5/64”)
- Robust, water-resistant design for field use
- Adjustable shaft and arm cup
- Built-in ruler for approximation
- Measure tree diameter with ease
- EU model attachment available
- Intuitive, Android-based app
- High-contrast buttons and icons
- Voice and audio indicators
- Easy "Reject" multiple feature
- Automatic updates from the Google Play Store
- Millimeters to inches toggle
- Manual entry for larger diameters
- Five custom lists of information