Automated, Electronic Caliper for Nursery Inventory Management
Tired of bending over to perform the tedious task of counting and sizing nursery stock? Put down the pen and paper and stand up straight! InstaCaliper allows you to quickly measure nursery stock out in the field while standing upright —and beats using traditional hand calipers.
Measuring nursery stock is easy with the InstaCaliper. Slide the InstaCaliper’s two prongs around a tree, bush, or shrub to log trunk diameter automatically. No need to align rulers and record sizes and counts manually.
Read more, or contact us to learn how you can improve inventory management with the InstaCaliper!
After sliding the InstaCaliper’s two prongs around a tree, 2nd Sight’s Ruggedized Handheld Computer (RHC) displays its diameter via the Android-based InstaCaliper app. The RHC records each measurement with a date, time, and GPS location. The operator can log other custom pieces of information including variety, field, row, and grade.
Utilize other features like custom color ranges. Define measurement ranges and link the ranges to a color for easy identification. The duplicate measurement feature can save you even more time if a group of trees share the same trunk size. Reject multiple calipers to correct mistakes out in the field.
When in range of Wi-Fi, the RHC syncs field data to a secure 2nd Sight server. You can then view and download the data in CSV (comma separated values) format from your Customer Portal account to import into Microsoft Excel and other software packages. Set a custom date range and List filters and the InstaCaliper Report will run the numbers for you. Inventory has never been easier—ditch those old hand calipers!
- Get accurate trunk diameters quickly and easily
- Measure and record in fewer than four seconds
- No more bending or kneeling to take tree measurements
- Ergonomic design for worker comfort
- Data recorded electronically to reduce errors
- Classify stock grade on the go
- Tag each measurement with a variety and row to easily categorize inventory
- The ‘U’-shaped head piece maneuvers easily in tightly packed rows
- Download data from any internet-enabled device from the online Portal
- Keep searchable, detailed, and organized digital records
- Use GPS data to generate field maps
- Electronic nursery tree caliper
The InstaCaliper arm and slide design maximize maneuverability for easy access into tightly packed rows. The 'U'-shaped base can slide under low branches for a quick reading; useful when measuring diameters of dwarf bush and tree varieties.
Measuring and counting often involves hours of walking though the fields, putting excessive pressure on an employee’s arms and back. InstaCaliper weighs only three pounds (1.5kg), has an adjustable shaft and arm cup to accommodate employee height, and is counter-balanced for maximum comfort.
The InstaCaliper EU model has been adapted to accommodate easy measuring of trunk circumference at chest-height.
Count & Caliper the Following Nursery Stock
- Fruit and Nut trees
- Ornamental trees
- Ornamental shrubs
- Field-planted trees, bushes, and shrubs
- Containerized plants, bushes, and shrubs
Ruggedized Handheld Computer (RHC)
- Rugged, touch-screen computer for outdoor use
- Water and drop-resistant design
- Robust, sunlight-readable LCD screen
- Up to an eight-hour battery life
- Swappable battery
- Integrated RFID and barcode scanner
- Capability to run other 2nd Sight apps
- Runs the InstaCaliper tree caliper app
InstaCaliper Automated Caliper Head
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 5mm (3/16") to 50mm (2")
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 157mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 1mm
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 8mm (5/16”) to 100mm (4”)
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 314mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 2mm (5/64”)
- Measures trunk diameters from ~ 10mm (3/8”) to 150mm (6”)
- Measures trunk circumference up to ~ 471mm
- Caliper accuracy of +/- 3mm (1/8")
- Trunk circumference mode
- Caliper accurately to within +/- 2mm (5/64”)
- Robust, water-resistant design for field use
- Adjustable shaft and arm cup
- Built-in ruler for approximation
- Measure tree diameter with ease
- EU model attachment available
- Intuitive, Android-based app
- High-contrast buttons and icons
- Voice and audio indicators
- Easy "Reject" multiple feature
- Automatic updates from the Google Play Store
- Millimeters to inches toggle
- Manual entry for larger diameters
- Five custom lists of information